Why become a member? ×

Digitech BP8 Valve pre-amp/effects processor

zephead

On offer a Digitech BP8 valve pre-amp/ effects processor in good condition, only lightly gigged

Features -

40 pre-set effects

Tube and solid state voicings

Built in expression pedal

Tube pre-amp (12 AX7)

Full bandwidth effects

24-bit signal path, 48-bit internal data path

Jam-A-Long function

Headphone output

Adjustable notch filter

Fretless simulator

Chromatic tuner

PSU and manual included!

Cost £300 new

£120 inc postage!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='51m0n' post='1032180' date='Nov 22 2010, 07:41 AM']Come on someone - this is worth it for the analogue compressor alone!

Just think, a digitally controlled instant recall analogue compressor, 'nuff said![/quote]

I've pm'd zephead as may be interested in this...but, surely the compressor onboard is fully digital?

Anyone else have experience of this model? Time delay in patch switching doesn't bother me, I really want something (cheap!) I can programme to accommodate differing EQ, gain settings etc when swapping basses on a gig. Don't use much by way of fx even, it's more a programmable preamp/tuner I'm after, would be nice if the compressor was good and I'd have a clean boost set up etc.

ON a bit of a tangent I was wondering what the current price of something like a bass POD xt Live is nowadays and most of the bass-specific floorboards seem to have disappeared from Thomann, DV etc ... anybody shed any light on this?

Just checked Line 6 and it says discontinued...no sign of the Line 6 basses even listed on their site either...

!?

Cheers

Tom

• 2 months later...

[quote name='wwcringe' post='1063143' date='Dec 19 2010, 01:05 AM']I've pm'd zephead as may be interested in this...but, surely the compressor onboard is fully digital?

Anyone else have experience of this model? Time delay in patch switching doesn't bother me, I really want something (cheap!) I can programme to accommodate differing EQ, gain settings etc when swapping basses on a gig. Don't use much by way of fx even, it's more a programmable preamp/tuner I'm after, would be nice if the compressor was good and I'd have a clean boost set up etc.

ON a bit of a tangent I was wondering what the current price of something like a bass POD xt Live is nowadays and most of the bass-specific floorboards seem to have disappeared from Thomann, DV etc ... anybody shed any light on this?

Just checked Line 6 and it says discontinued...no sign of the Line 6 basses even listed on their site either...

!?

Cheers

Tom[/quote]

Nope, it is definitely an analogue compressor with digital control. It was a big part of the marketing, and mentioned in the manual. The compressor is excellent. It has some basic attack release speed settings, ratio and threshold and the ability to high pass the signal to different degrees so you only compress everything below one of 4 frequencies.

The EQ is excellent (4 band semi-parametric IIRC), the tuner is fine, more than adequate in fact, and the entire thing would do what you need and much more with no problems at all.

On another note the unit has a notch filter you can set and forget to tune out room modes that is applied across all patches until a power cycle. Nothing else does this and its a really really good feature IMO especially in those difficult rooms.

I gave mine to Plux as I went down a different route for fx and couldnt get on with the delay in bank switching. I gigged it a lot and it performed absolutely faultlessly. One caveat, there is a firmware bug whereby changes to the effect blend of the envelope filter only become apparent when you turn the filter on and then off. When I put this to Digitech they responded that you need to turn the filter on and off (ur, I figured that out, nice workaround, but not exactly ideal, thanks guys!).

£95 is a complete steal for this bit of kit IMO.

Edited by 51m0n

• 4 months later...