Why become a member? ×

Feedback for mr-russ

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

Just want to post some positive words about Russ, who's a great chap and a brilliant bassist!

Brief story is that Russ used to play bass in the band I now play in, so when I called him up recently to get some help with a Jamiroquoi track in the set that I've been struggling with massively - not helped by the fact that I don't particularly like JK or the song - Russ kindly came over and helped me through it this week.

We had a good few hours discussing & comparing basses and amps (...fabulous SR5 HH you've got there by the way), talking about music generally and of course, doing some playing and working through the JK song.

I wish I had even a fraction of the talent and knowledge about bass that Russ has when I was his age (which is a long time ago) but what's really great is that he's got his feet on the ground about it all and is totally into his band, bass and music generally..

Russ has got some gear for sale at the moment so for anyone interested in that, I'd highly recommend Russ as someone to deal with as he's very upfront and honest...

Other than that; cheers Russ and I'm looking forward to seeing you gig with The Doppler Shift at some point soon!

Nik

• 5 months later...