Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are Ashdown AMB EVO III's English made??

danhkr

Hi. I've recently purchased a new Ashdown ABM 500 Evo III head and have just noticed it says on the back 'manufactured in England'. I know the Evo II's were English, but I thought the III's were made in China. Not complaining, but can anyone tell me if they are all English, or if not, how I happen to have an English one?? Cheers.

[quote name='danhkr' post='1023390' date='Nov 14 2010, 01:55 PM']Hi. I've recently purchased a new Ashdown ABM 500 Evo III head and have just noticed it says on the back 'manufactured in England'. I know the Evo II's were English, but I thought the III's were made in China. Not complaining, but can anyone tell me if they are all English, or if not, how I happen to have an English one?? Cheers.[/quote]

Well, the components used to manufacture a product will have come from all over the place - semiconductors from Taiwan, resistors from Singapore, capacitors from Japan etc.
So, regardless of whether it was manufactured in England or China, it'll be a product made from items sourced from all over the world.

Probably a contentious point but...

Who is going to have the most experience in constructing a product?
A manufacturer that makes hundreds of thousands of items a year or a manufacturer that makes thousands of items a year?

[quote name='Musky' post='1023405' date='Nov 14 2010, 02:08 PM']Didn't Ashdown do a UK made limited edition? [b]Normally they're made in China AFAIK[/b].[/quote]

What I thought. Theres a new 'black' uk made ltd edition, but nothing to suggest they made any of the normal ones over here. Also nothing on mine to suggest it's anything other than standard issue. Bit of a strange one, got me wondering.