Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good morning

sam_

been lurking for a couple of weeks now.

I'm Sam, from Dorset, been playing since August(ish), current a really bad Wesley hg-32 (apparently ;)) and an Ibanez GSR05 which needs a decent setup, I'm mainly playing my 4 string at the moment, but occasionally dabble on my Ibanez, playing through a Behringer BXL900 :huh:.

I mainly play sort of alt rock stuff like Porcupine Tree, Minus the Bear, RATM, Incubus, but i do love my metal as well, Carcass, At the Gates, Chimaira, Between the Buried and Me being some of my favourites.

and yes, i already GAS :)

Hello Sam nice to meet you, I'm not far from Sherborne meself = just over the border in Somersetshire. Don't you be putting sad faces next to the Behringer bit of your gear young man! It's what's inside you that counts not the black hearted prejudice inside the minds of label snobs.

[quote name='stewblack' post='116764' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:31 AM']Hello Sam nice to meet you, I'm not far from Sherborne meself = just over the border in Somersetshire. Don't you be putting sad faces next to the Behringer bit of your gear young man! It's what's inside you that counts not the black hearted prejudice inside the minds of label snobs.[/quote]
It's more that i want a Trace Elliot half stack badly after trying one haha :)

Guest TheBigBeefChief

Welcome sam_

Don't get hung up at all on the gear you use - there's far to many label snobs out there already. No matter what gear you have, you'll never be satisfied. Such is life.

Strangely, the best musicians I know are actually the guys who probably care least about brands.

Unfortunately, I don't care about brands and I'm still a dreadful musician!

[quote name='sam_' post='117098' date='Jan 9 2008, 06:11 PM']It's more that i want a Trace Elliot half stack badly after trying one haha :)[/quote]
I used to use TE myself but found it very unreliable. Of course I didn't extrapolate that to mean the whole brand was crap. It sounded brilliant. Stay here long enough you'll be bankrupt and will have owned more brands than you realise existed - it's that kind of place.