Why become a member? ×

Musicman Bongo 4HS Stealth!

gazza19

Bought new 4 months ago from Bass Direct in the very sought after Stealth livery, all black with black hardware.
Never gigged, in fact never left the house, but still somehow obtained the obligatory headstock ding.
You all know how amazing these basses are, very punchy and a wealth of tonal variations especially with the HS.
Paid £1400 for it, looking for around £950.

Edited by gazza19

[quote name='gazza19' post='1022594' date='Nov 13 2010, 04:43 PM']Bought new 4 months ago from Bass Direct in the very sought after Stealth livery, all black with black hardware.
Never gigged, in fact never left the house, but still somehow obtained the obligatory headstock ding.
Slight crazing on the paint finish on the back, this was how it was from new but not very noticeable and never bothered me enough to complain under the warranty, (still under warranty of course).
You all know how amazing these basses are, very punchy and a wealth of tonal variations especially with the HS.
I'll try to take some photos and upload them tomorrow.
Paid £1400 for it, looking for around £950.[/quote]

Munkonthehill.....Where are you????

• 3 weeks later...

I'm taking this off the market for now.
I noticed that the paintwork on the back was acquiring a few more small cracks so I sent it off to MusicMan for investigation. It turns out that the paintwork was not cured properly so they are completely replacing the body with a new one.
Not sure yet how long this will take but I will put it up for sale again when I get it back.
Please PM me if you would be interested in what will be a new unused Bongo Stealth HS with a 4 month old neck. Will be a great bargain for someone.

[quote name='gazza19' post='1048575' date='Dec 5 2010, 07:06 PM']I'm taking this off the market for now.
I noticed that the paintwork on the back was acquiring a few more small cracks so I sent it off to MusicMan for investigation. It turns out that the paintwork was not cured properly so they are completely replacing the body with a new one.
Not sure yet how long this will take but I will put it up for sale again when I get it back.
Please PM me if you would be interested in what will be a new unused Bongo Stealth HS with a 4 month old neck. Will be a great bargain for someone.[/quote]

Ask them to give you a sunburst/vintage burst body and I'd be interested! :) :)