Why become a member? ×

ZOOM B2.1u factory reset not resetting

fleabag

Anybody tried factory resetting their B2.1u ? Its apparently simple - just hold down 'STORE' as you switch on the power. One should then see ' AL ' ( All Initialize, so they say ) light up in the Bank / Patch window.

But all i get is whatever the last bank/patch was being used before switching off. No amount of switching + holding the store button will get me an ' AL' in the window to reset to factory.

Anyone else had this problem ? Other than that, the pedal works like a charm. All buttons work as they should when editing or changing or whatever. Just cant get into the factory reset state.

ODD !!

I did manage to sort it in the end. It seems the timing of when pressing the store button while switching on the power is more critical than i thought.

Yes i agree, the factory patches are 90% useless, but i needed to start again. The biggest headache i keep finding is how to equalize the volume of all patches after i have tweaked them to suit me. I could never get them all level. The volume jumps when switching patches is a bit grim

So you managed to equal all your volumes ? I tried so many times, just didnt work.

any tips greatly received :)

Hey Chedd - seen this ? [url="http://www.haax.se/basspatches/manualsite/index.php?unit=B2"]http://www.haax.se/basspatches/manualsite/index.php?unit=B2[/url]

Edited by fleabag

I have seen it but never bothered to try any. To be honest, I don't use my B2 for much, just 6 patches or so, so it wasn't hard to level them out. In the amp model section you can set the volume*, and if you do it at gigging volume through your amp (crucial) you should be able to match them up.

*I think, I haven't actually changed any patches on there in a while.

the same thing happened with a mate of mine. I recommended the zoom and he bought it to record with. He made a few patches that sound amazing on his home demos. Then he started jamming with a band and the levels were as you say, all over the place.

I don't actually understand the science behind this. I think the louder you have something, the more low end you hear.