Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe SOLD

jay249

I'm not getting nearly enough use out of this beauty so I'm looking to trade it up for something more my 'style' (i have no style).

It's a Skyline 55-02 and to my knowledge has had a few BC owners including terryblyth.

The usual deal, 3 band eq, Bartolini Pickups and electronics, set up lovely by me.

Apologies for my poor lensmanship, I'd say I'm a musician but I'm not fantastic at that either!

I am interested in the following

'Vintage Fender'' (with money on my part, probably)

Nice Fullerton Reissues

Lakland DJ/JOBO stuff

Please don't offer me a Spector, I really don't want a Spector!

Welcome to come have a cup of tea and a play with it, or offer me cash. I'm not sure what this thing's worth, I would have thought around the £750

Edited by jay249

You’ve got my attention.

What’re the specs? Board, woods, colour etc.

Mark

Edit: Apologies if there are pics as they’re not showing up on my browser, hence the odd question if there are

Edited by mcgraham

S'all good now, sorry about the redundant question! Tis a beauty, I've been thinking about getting one for a while, unfortunately as with 80-90% of all basses it's the string spacing that makes me want to stay clear. 19mm is just a little too wide for comfort for me, at least for a main bass. Will probably say no for now. C'mon willpower!

Mark

It has a very very wide neck, but it makes up for it with the fact its also very shallow too, and i think it's a nice go-between, I, however have no idea what to do with the b string in my playing apart from the parodial 'something to put my thumb on' jobber.
It's the best five string I've played though.

Yea, it does look fairly wide. I don't mind playing basses with wide necks, or standard/wide spacing, but I would never choose to have one permanently (at least for the foreseeable future) in my stable. Best of luck with the sale though, that thing is killer!

Mark

P.S. Reason I was after one is a dude called Steve Jenkins, if you haven't heard him/heard of him, check him out.

These are great basses had 1 for a long while as we played lots of stuff in Eb it gave me more scope, but gone back to being more trad now and silky slim jazz necks. Nice looking beast though good luck with the sale and the price is not bad, mind u mine Lakkys not selling either so someone might be saying hang on to it!

I might be interested if the deal is fair. I have a 73 Jazz, rosewood block & bound neck , sunbust, all original apart from a pro refin on the body only in 05 by top UK luthier Robbie Gladwell (Dr Rob who writes his articles in Bassist & Guitar Mags). This is a Sunbust 3 colour in nito finish, you cant get anything better. The body, pups, pots, m/heads, neck, tort shell guard etc are all original & in superb condition, playes & sounds like a top vintage jazz should. Nice n lite too. Can send pictures. I had a 55-02 & recently sold my 55-94 which I now regret. What weight is your 55-02 (accurarte please). If your interested email me for more details, cheers, Munk. ([email protected]).