Why become a member? ×

Steve Lawson

funkypenguin

This week we had Steve in to do a masterclass on both his use of Loops and other technology in real time manipulation, and on the business side of music. Was an incredibly instructive afternoon (im thinking about giving the whole looping idea a whirl at some point soon), we all enjoyed the loops session, found the business workshop really helpful and Steve was one of the nicest, most down to earth and clued up musicians ive ever met. To top it off he then played a solo set at the music divisons november gig! Top bloke :)

I follow him on twitter he is a genuine and articulate and intelligent person who one day I hope to be able to buy a drink for.

you can find him on twitter as @SoloBassSteve and I recommend following him just to get a constant influx of ideas and info on stuff that he is doing.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1020009' date='Nov 11 2010, 01:18 PM']You can also find him on Basschat under his cyber-pseudonym of... er... Steve Lawson. :)[/quote]

Or you can hail him by drawing a backwards Bass Clef on the front of your torch, then shine it up to the sky!

[quote name='dood' post='1020215' date='Nov 11 2010, 03:16 PM']Or you can hail him by drawing a backwards Bass Clef on the front of your torch, then shine it up to the sky![/quote]

I may have to try this, only in desperate hour of need mind, but may still have to try this... :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1020460' date='Nov 11 2010, 05:49 PM']I hadn't heard of Steve for a couple of years there, though I do fondly recall the forum he hosted with Michael Manring on Talkbass.[/quote]

He's still got his section on talkbass.

I studied with him on and off for a couple of years. He's a very talented bassist, and a really nice guy.