Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need advice on what bass amp to buy!!

tangodown87

Massively depends on your budget. If you've got a lot to spend then you could look at the smaller Mark Bass combos, for a lot less the small Roland amps are really good. Headphones... ? I use a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pro cans for everything and they're great.

[quote name='Dubs' post='1009724' date='Nov 2 2010, 04:06 PM']Massively depends on your budget. If you've got a lot to spend then you could look at the smaller Mark Bass combos, for a lot less the small Roland amps are really good. Headphones... ? I use a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pro cans for everything and they're great.[/quote]

probably looking around £400?

[quote name='tangodown87' post='1012493' date='Nov 4 2010, 07:51 PM']yeah ive just checked out tc electronics, yowza! but i only want a little combo just for ipod and headphone usage![/quote]

Honestly, if that's all you want it for you will be impressed with the Roland 'Micro' series of bass amps, and it's totally pointless spending more if that's all you're going to be using it for. Check them out.

why not think about getting one of the pandora boxes!!! or one of the boss multi-fx boxes. you can plug your headphones and aux music direclty into them and they will emulate many many amps and effects for you. plus if you want to play without headphones, then you can just use pc speakers or something to play loud and live in the comfort of your bedroom.