Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette Double Buck Question...

fender73

[quote name='fender73' post='1009664' date='Nov 2 2010, 03:10 PM']I know i guess i have to try one, but any owners with Double Buck pickups...do they get in the way for slapping/popping duties?

Hand on heart i don;t do too much slapping during a gig, but interested if they hinder due to their placement/size on the bass?

Thanks

Graeme[/quote]

I prefer the Stingray in that respect, with a single pickup. But I do a fair bit of slap on the Corvette $$ and I don't find it the second pickup gets in the way. The slap tones you can get out of that bass are amazing.

You are right, you should try it yourself to be sure that the way *you* do it works on that bass, but I have no problems. And it sounds HUGE, whether fingerstyle or slap or whatever. Just look at it, don't touch it... can't you hear it??? :)

Fantastic bass.

Me & desert island:
1) Stingray
2) Jazz bass
3) Warwick Corvette $$
(maybe a 5-string version of 2 or 3).

[quote name='mcnach' post='1009832' date='Nov 2 2010, 05:38 PM']I prefer the Stingray in that respect, with a single pickup. But I do a fair bit of slap on the Corvette $$ and I don't find it the second pickup gets in the way. The slap tones you can get out of that bass are amazing.

You are right, you should try it yourself to be sure that the way *you* do it works on that bass, but I have no problems. And it sounds HUGE, whether fingerstyle or slap or whatever. Just look at it, don't touch it... can't you hear it??? :)

Fantastic bass.

Me & desert island:
1) Stingray
2) Jazz bass
3) Warwick Corvette $$
(maybe a 5-string version of 2 or 3).[/quote]

+1

What works for me might not work for you. I have a $$5, which I LOVE, finger style or slap. I thumb just over the start of the fingerboard, which leaves an inch or two before the big $$s get in the way. If you thumb further back you could have issues. Great, great bass though.