Why become a member? ×

Badass Bass II Bridge For Sale -SOLD

[quote name='harlowbassplayer' post='1008347' date='Nov 1 2010, 12:44 PM']they normally go for 40-45 second hand[/quote]
This was correct a few months back but due to a brief dry spell of brand new ones over here, second hand ones (even ones with pre-filed saddles) shot up in price.
Btw rightly or wrongly discussions about price should be kept to PM mate. :)

apologies if i have offended anyone.

I had no idea what it was worth so just followed a no reserve auction on eBay for one pretty much the same and it sold for £70 plus postage.

Before you all tell me where to stick it, I will put it there then.

[quote name='353203' post='1008862' date='Nov 1 2010, 07:54 PM']apologies if i have offended anyone.

I had no idea what it was worth so just followed a no reserve auction on eBay for one pretty much the same and it sold for £70 plus postage.

Before you all tell me where to stick it, I will put it there then.[/quote]
You're entitled to ask what you want for it. It might not sell straight away at this price but left long enough it would go. I have heard of someone buying one for £90 which is just crazy but there you go.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1008906' date='Nov 1 2010, 07:30 PM']Please keep comments about the values of items for sale private and sent by PM as per the guidlenes at the top of this page - Otherwise I will be deleting posts and issuing warnings.

You have gone far enough above - leave the OP alone to sell his bridge now.[/quote]

I was actually looking for something to quote from the market place guidelines with regards to this earlier but I was surprised (due to previous threads) to see that there is actually nothing there that related to questioning the asking price...

[quote name='Dubs' post='1008916' date='Nov 1 2010, 07:42 PM']I was actually looking for something to quote from the market place guidelines with regards to this earlier but I was surprised (due to previous threads) to see that there is actually nothing there that related to questioning the asking price...[/quote]

I think this covers it adequately......

4. If you have a concern with the authenticity/originality/provenance/[color="#FF0000"]description[/color] etc of an item for sale, do not comment on the seller's thread as these comments will be removed by a moderator. If you believe an item to be fraudulent then please PM a moderator and we will do our best to arbitrate - otherwise simply move along.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1008935' date='Nov 1 2010, 08:02 PM']I think this covers it adequately......

4. If you have a concern with the authenticity/originality/provenance/[color="#FF0000"]description[/color] etc of an item for sale, do not comment on the seller's thread as these comments will be removed by a moderator. If you believe an item to be fraudulent then please PM a moderator and we will do our best to arbitrate - otherwise simply move along.[/quote]

[i]Really?[/i] That seems quite ambiguous to me. 'Description' would suggest features, condition, unique qualities etc... not a lot about the price.

Check this thread, I think it's fair, the bridges I pointed out funnily enough sold pretty quickly after I posted, £40 each or so, but now they're gone it's back to normal £100 new. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=103718&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=103718&st=20[/url]

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1008983' date='Nov 1 2010, 08:49 PM']The mods and admins debated this at length recently and decided to credit the BC population with sufficient intelligence to work it out that it meant all parts of the description including price -[/quote]

Ah well, I guess that's where we differ; the omission of that single word in an otherwise detailed set of guidelines seems a bit inane when put in context with the issues that have sparked because of it.

PS - Sorry for derailing the thread further...