Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pigtronix pedals..anyone familiar?

jimijimmi

Hi all

Just wondered if any of you guys were familliar with Pigtronix pedals?
not seen them mentioned i dont think?

ive just got the Disnortion and have to say its pretty amazing, great build quality, great tone and i havent lost the bottom end when i use the fuzz etc..
..im hoping to get my hands on their Mothership soon too..
Bootsy Collins is pictured with their gear...

www.pigtronix.com

check out their stuff...ya never know, maybe something to suit you..

if theyre already mentioned somewhere, my appologies!

Jimi

• 1 year later...

I know I'm digging up pretty long forgotten (and virgin) thread, but I'm amazed nobody else had an experience with ANY Pigtronix effect.

I have the [i]Mothership[/i] thing and I must admit it's one hell of a crazy sound generating gismo. Using it with bass is really difficult (hard to find a correct setting) and hazardous (some noises could bring Men in Black to your home) but it's really cool. I kinda GASsed for it after seeing a demo on YT, bought it on eBay for very good price and discovered it's not so versatile with bass as with a guitar, but my high output basses - T-40 and Telecaster Bass - communicate with it pretty good. For bass it's mainly useful to 'synth the sound a bit' or 'deliver low-end weirdness' for a moment. With a guitar it could be used constantly, I guess, and simply sounds better (see [url="http://www.pigtronix.com/products/mothership/"]http://www.pigtronix.com/products/mothership/[/url]).
I'm pretty sure the overall design and components used are the explanation for the price, but I'm not sure it really pays to buy this for bass if you're only going to use it for few songs for a moment. But none the less I decided to keep it, as it really gives that '[i]something[/i]' to my pedalboard... :D

And maybe I've missed some setting that brings something really great? When I'll get my [i]EHX BassBalls[/i] and custom slow attack effects, maybe I'll discover something really astounding with [i]Mothership[/i]?

As for the other effects by Pigtronix, I'd be really glad to test the [i]Tremvelope[/i] and [i]Envelope Phaser[/i] (GASsing for both.).

• 1 month later...

Mothership's GREAT with EHX BassBalls - these two combined deliver really great and unique funky vibe.
I just can't wait until the day I'll be able to buy Pigtronix Envelope Phaser, that'll be even better!

Edited by Immo

• 4 months later...