Why become a member? ×

Bob Dylan

Cat Burrito

Oh yes indeed - an iconic Jazz image...

Here's a truly wondrous clip of Danko playing his Jazz [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hsp4SBwO4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Band in Woodstock[/url]

As for this Jazz - the picture was actually a Fender publicity photo - I'm certain it was used in Fender ads in the 60's - so I would think it could well be a Jazz that was given to Dylan by Fender...? Or maybe it was Danko's - that's a cool idea for sure!
Would love to hear any more about it!

[quote name='99ster' post='1001534' date='Oct 26 2010, 06:56 PM']Oh yes indeed - an iconic Jazz image...

Here's a truly wondrous clip of Danko playing his Jazz [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hsp4SBwO4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Band in Woodstock[/url]

As for this Jazz - the picture was actually a Fender publicity photo - I'm certain it was used in Fender ads in the 60's - so I would think it could well be a Jazz that was given to Dylan by Fender...? Or maybe it was Danko's - that's a cool idea for sure!
Would love to hear any more about it![/quote]You sir, have made my evening wonderful, thankyou for posting that clip.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1001539' date='Oct 26 2010, 07:01 PM']You sir, have made my evening wonderful, thankyou for posting that clip.[/quote]

My pleasure!
I've actually got that clip on DVD...I'll see if I can find it on Amazon for you if you want?

Cheers 99ster. I love the story about how Dylan only picked up the bass to frustrate the ad guys who wanted him to pose with a guitar. Interesting to see how many posters across the different forums have the picture at home (mine is framed & above my record player incidentally!). And I'm not the only one who assumed it was Rick Danko's Jazz bass, not Harvey Brooks.