Why become a member? ×

Traded: Lakland Darryl Jones Limited Edition 2008

Sean

This bass isn't getting used and I'm fancying a Sterling for use in my current band. I might consider a Ray if it's pretty and then again I just might stick a preamp in this DJ and use it again.

Apparently it started as an idea on TB to have a special DJ made (like the DPLE ones previously done) that was identical to Adam Clayton's one - I don't think there was enough interest for it to go ahead but as I understand it, Dan Lakin thought it would be a good idea and they went ahead and did it. To the best of my knowledge there are only three of these with Chi-Sonic pups.

It's one of the last Korean made ones (2008) and is as good as any DJ I've played. It's not been modified by me and it's the only bass I've had that I haven't "improved"!

Edited by Sean

Many thanks to the hordes of people who got in touch about this, I was overwhelmed with interest. I wasn't sure there was much interest in DJs any more but was proved wrong entirely :)

The bass is now traded for the Red Sterling (wasn't he the guy behind The Twighlight Zone? :) :lol: ) of Bassdude BE.

[quote name='Sean' post='1000644' date='Oct 26 2010, 12:26 AM']Many thanks to the hordes of people who got in touch about this, I was overwhelmed with interest. I wasn't sure there was much interest in DJs any more but was proved wrong entirely :)

The bass is now traded for the Red Sterling (wasn't he the guy behind The Twighlight Zone? :lol: :) ) of Bassdude BE.[/quote]

That was "Rod Serling" actually (used to love that show... :) )
but you came close tho... :D

[url="http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Serling"]http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Serling[/url]