Why become a member? ×

Hi from southend on sea

pablo

Been playing seriously on and off since 1981 .joined a semi pro band in 83 and done a small tour of north west USA 1985. Played in bands in Spain for 5 years and France for 5 years nothing exciting just keeping my hand in with some great musos.Managed a few bands over the years to varying degrees of satisfaction and success.Been back in the uk since `97. Now playing good old rock and roll from the 50 and sixties .Thought it would be a bit of a bore but turned out to be more fun than all the other bands. Drive for a famous rock band when they tour, was busy last summer.
I currently use a marshall 200 integrated bass system with 1x15 and Behringer ultrabass 450 with 1x15 electrovoice when more noise is needed. I use the marshall rig because it fits in the boot of my Jag no other reason. I had a great Trace stack but was too big, heavy and I`m too old to hump it about. Likewise I have been using Kramer aluminium basses since 1983,but are too heavy to gig with for any length of time.I only have two now a Stagemaster SMB4 bought from Rons music shop Ilford 1983 and a special fretless which I believe once belonged to the bass player from China Crisis I bought this in Monkey business Romford in 1987.I also have two Fender precision lytes which are great to gig with. I usually do 2-3 gigs a month all locally but over december have done the 2 15 16 21.23 26 got one tonight another this sunday and two more on the 19 and the 20.
So I`m quite busy still. In my time I have played with some great musos some of them quite famous . The frontman of my current band once played guitar in Chuck Berrys band. I`m not famous and I don`t want to be. Anyway thats a bit about me.