Why become a member? ×

the cowpoke rides again !

ahpook

my fender cowpoke's been languishing in its case for a year or two as the less-than-amazing preamp had been playing up - crackles and hissing a-plenty. i had considered selling it but the preamp problems put me off.

so rather than gassing for a fender p, i decided to take the bull by the horns and mod the cowpoke.

i had some ebay funds in paypal so i splashed out on a wizard pickups 'area 51' pickup and a precision wiring loom - i never use the bridge jazz pickup so i just didn't wire that in at all - just straight passive single-pickup action.

firstly - what a pickup ! very powerful and with lots of definition - the folks at wizard haven't disappointed (although the warnings on the box about 'very strong magnets' did cause some trepidation !). the wiring loom works a treat (cts pots and a sprague cap).

all it needs now is a bit of a set-up and i'm going to be using it at next-week's band practice.

it sounds mint....

Edited by ahpook