Why become a member? ×

Morning all!

fatboytoo

Greetings!

A(n old) newbie to the throng!

Been playing guitar on and off (mostly off) for about 20++ years, but recently been inspired by a neighbour's eldest to pick up a woody thing with metal strings just to see if I could remember what to do with it... (barely, as it turns out).

As I'm now ageing (badly), my usable brain cells are decreasing in number logarithmically, 4 strings seemed to be the (new) way to go.

Already had an old Tokai 'Original Series' - believe to be something like an LM50(?) - (had a go at defretting (cheap option!) - coming along nicely) hidden amongst the 6-stringers in the cupboard, but have had a very bad case of GAS already (thanks to a xmas bonus and a credit card...) and have ended up with Washburn T24 & Force 5, OLP Tony Levin sig (the peach one...), a Tanglewood Indiana acoustic bass (which I got v. cheaply with a neck prob (kink), but now just about sorted and sounds OK) and a Mike Dirnt PB (the Fender version - which I tried sometime ago and is now on order..), coz it looked and sounded great (through a Marshall tranny combo) and I quite like the chunky neck and the slab body...(at least you get more wood for your money - if you see what I mean :) ).

All I have to do now is sell one of my Strats to pay for the credit card... I'll save the other one to get something 'special' when the right time comes (prob next week!)...

Always into rock, but willing to listen to anything (saw Jaco (RIP) and Weather Report a few times, and Stanley Clarke - both remain inspirational - would love to see Victor Wooten...), with Tool and Marillion (slight oppos) as my faves.

Apols for going on...!