Why become a member? ×

Has anyone had any experience with a Lado bass before?

StevieD_FenderP2009

I was just looking through the Lado bass guitar catalogue for the billionth time, getting stuck on one particular model and crying when seeing that my bank account will never have the required funds for it unless I win the lottery (incase you're wondering, it's the Lado Steve Harris Signature Unicorn 4 string)
As you all know by now, I do have a bit of a thing for anything to do with Steve Harris and it just so happens that he has played/plays some of the most beautiful basses ever but I was wondering if any of you guys and gals on here have ever had any experience with a Lado bass before and would like to share any reviews or stories about what it was like?

I found these pictures on the Lado forum of the bass being built for one very lucky customer. I swear to go one day I am going to save up the (mutters £3500 under his breath) to buy this bass as it just looks so nice to play

My Trumpet building friend Pete Pollard knows these chaps well, i was supposed to send them a design a few years ago to have a bass made, never did.

I know they're well thought of on TalkBass...

The Unicorn isn't to everyones taste, but if you love the Harris, then it's a must!

[quote name='Heathy' post='991046' date='Oct 17 2010, 12:52 PM']Why did Steve Harris stop using the Lado? I seem to recall that Bruce Dickinson accidently nutted it in two on the world slavery tour...[/quote]

Could he not just have told him he didn't like it? Seems a bit severe :)

"Hey Harris? See that bass? I'm gonna stick the heid right intae it cos it looks like it belongs in the bathroom accessory section of B&Q"

Edited by Delberthot