Why become a member? ×

Compressors??

fatgoogle

Lately ive been doing a lot of two handed tapping with my new six string, and i can never get the c string to ring loud enough or get a sound thats even. Also the b string when tapped booms alot aswell.

Im wondering whether a compressor will even out the sound, reduce the B and make the C louder. Or is this just a something to do with me improving technique and EQ to improve the sound.

If the compressor would help can you recommend me one, i would prefer a stompbox style one.

Thanks
Sam H

Certainly the compressor will help, but as you state, adjusting the eq will help as well, so combining the two should have the desired effect.

Before splashing out loads of cash, I`d recommend the Behringer Compressor - abt £27 from GAK. Try it, if you find that compression is for you, then maybe look for something higher end - there are threads on here about compressors tho maybe the Behringer will be ok for you, it was for me, before I got an amp with on board compression. If you find compression isn`t what yr after, well you`ve not wasted a great deal of dosh.

Check your pickup height before anything else.

By all means try a cheapo compressor, but I warn you now it will as like as not be utterly rubbish, and may well put you off the ida of using compression for life. Which will be a shame, and your loss.

As for pedal compressors I'd only consider either a JoeMeek FloorQ or a Markbass Compressore. Firstly they have the minimum number of controls to really bend the comrpessor to your needs, and secondly they are two of the best sounding pedal compressors money can buy....

Edited by 51m0n