Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1

jezzaboy

As mentioned in the bass guitar section, I bought this Japo from CC a few weeks ago for 50 quid. Cosmetically the body and headstock have some "character" lets say but it`s all been done in the course of duty! None of your fake relicing here! It has a couple of holes on the back which I assume were done when someone had moved the strap button.

It`s all original as far as I can tell apart from the control knobs and the input jack that I have replaced. It sounds really good, the first 5 frets have some wear on them but its from 1983. I have fitted some barley used Rotosounds and that along with the new jack is why I`m looking for the extra fiver. It`s on the heavy side as well.

I`m only getting shot of it because I find it ugly and I won`t use it. It is what it is, if you want a shot, drop me a pm.

£55

[attachment=61504:DSC01706.JPG]
[attachment=61503:DSC01704.JPG]

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='990062' date='Oct 16 2010, 11:53 AM']As mentioned in the bass guitar section, I bought this Japo from CC a few weeks ago for 50 quid. Cosmetically the body and headstock have some "character" lets say but it`s all been done in the course of duty! None of your fake relicing here! It has a couple of holes on the back which I assume were done when someone had moved the strap button.

It`s all original as far as I can tell apart from the control knobs and the input jack that I have replaced. It sounds really good, the first 5 frets have some wear on them but its from 1983. I have fitted some barley used Rotosounds and that along with the new jack is why I`m looking for the extra fiver. It`s on the heavy side as well.

I`m only getting shot of it because I find it ugly and I won`t use it. It is what it is, if you want a shot, drop me a pm.

£55

[attachment=61504:DSC01706.JPG]
[attachment=61503:DSC01704.JPG]

Jez[/quote]

Hi Jezzaboy,

Yep your right, it is an ugly bass. Thanks for the heads up tho!!!!!

I don't think I've seen a black one "in the flesh", but I've got one in the natural wood finish and I reckon it's a pretty cool old beast !
Bought it 2nd hand in about '85 and it's been in constant use ever since. Looking a bit "distressed" now, but it still plays fine. For small pub gigs I plug it straight into an old 60W Carlsbro valve head, into an Acoustic 404 1x15 cab of similar vintage, and it sounds absolutely gorgeous.

If I didn't already have one, I'd snap this up.