Why become a member? ×

Going Full Circle

TPJ

So I think my BassMax is screwed, long story short it makes some odd rustling noises through the amp. I've decided to try a Full Circle this time.
I like the big sound from the BM but it can sound too plastic sometimes on my bass. It certainly suited the music we play though and filled out the whole band sound nicely. The FC seems like a logical step as they reportedly work well on cheaper instruments e.g. mine :) and I'm hoping for a little more open tone yet still maintain some supportive umph.

There's bound to be a FC user here. Looking for feedback either way, likes & dislikes etc...

PS I nearly went for a DPA mic but I tend to always run into a backline and I just don't think that will work well. We are only 2/3 piece but it can get loud, even with acoustic instruments. I also want to try something that isn't a wing pup.

I've got a Full Circle on Dave Swift's recommendation, I fitted one to the Kolstein Travel Bass I bought from him and it suits it well.
I tried the F.C. on my Yamaha SLB100 & 200 & wasn't impressed on either.
Underwoods seem to work on any bass with a buffer pre-amp and are easier to fit unless you already have adjusters fitted.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='982216' date='Oct 9 2010, 12:36 AM']You're only a few miles away from me if ya fancy coming over for a pick up a / session sometime[/quote]
Many thanks for the kind offer.

I've ordered one today and should have it for next week.