Why become a member? ×

Need Help

anty

I'll be completely self serving and point you at my line6 lowdown 300pro [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=104797"]here[/url]

Providing weight isn't an issue then it is definately versatile enough for covers.

To be honest though theres plenty in that price range (especially second hand). Have fun searching, I'd suggest atleast 300watts and it being versatile though to make sure you can keep up with venue sizes and different style songs.

I think you'd have more scope tone-wise with a 2x10 cab or combo as opposed to a 1x15 but it's all down to taste.

In your price range there's loads to choose from. Ashdown combos seem to very popular and do a good job. Peaveys are well worth the money and ultra reliable. Loads secondhand floating about.

charic is right about go for 300 watts as you can always turn it down in a pub but your lost if you need more.

Try to avoid Behringer as they have a low resale value if you want a change and usually get slated although I have no experience of them.

Line 6 is another good option (I'm not on commission)

Top of your budget would also get you one of the smaller Eden heads and a cheap cab. So, also look at the Nemesis range. I just picked up an N250 combo on ebay (never been used) for £130. Okay it's a 1x15 but great for small venues and rehearsals.