Why become a member? ×

Gibson Grabber G3

JamieHoward94

I am buying a gibson grabber g3 second hand, I spoke to the bloke selling the bass, did it come with a case he replied he didnt get one when he brought it, so I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of case would hold a gibson grabber I would rather have a hard case then a gig bag because gigging is happening alot more now so we are chucking it in van more often so I need hardcore protection,

Sort me out guys ? :)

Problem, the Grabber/G3/Ripper has a wider body than other basses, standard cases don't fit. You might find a second-hand original case, or Epiphone equivalent, on eBay if you're patient, but they tend to be expensive and in the US. With the Epi ones you might need some extra foam padding. Apparently Coffin make a case that fits, if you can put up with the shape. I saw someone on Talkbass said an Epi EB-3 case fit their Grabber, but I'd check that one carefully.

So, your best bet is to wait till it comes, take some measurements, and then check the internal dimensions of anything you think about buying. Also check ebay, and have a trawl round threads on Talkbass. And worth asking in the Gibson forum on Last Outpost [url="http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?board=3.0"]http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?board=3.0[/url]

• 11 years later...