Why become a member? ×

Hello

NDH

Hi, I've found this site whilst searching the net for stuff on upright bass.

I've played bass guitar in the same events band for the past 15 years [ argh!] but have recently also joined a small band playing standards/blues/old fashioned R&B in pubs, restaurants and village halls.

To improve the sound and image of the smaller band I've bought an NS NXT which I gigged for the first time last Friday. The gig was good but I can't play this bass without looking at my fingers and have decided on proper double bass lessons and a proper double bass to help with positons. So I'm joining mainly to take part in the DB forum.

For those of you who like to hear about gear, I've been playing a 10 year old MM Sterling in both bands for the past year. Before that I use a Pedulla 5 String, which I may have to sell to fund the DB. Lovely bass but over the top for the smaller venues I started frequenting. 'Are you going to play that thing or serve drinks off it?'

I use a Mark Bass 12 inch combo for the small band and add another 12 inch cab for the dance band. This is DI'd in the larger band and is plenty loud enough. It sounds good with the NXT too.

Look forward to exchanging views and learning lots about double bass.

Nigel