Why become a member? ×

Line 6 HD Series effects *new*

Dood

I'm upset that these are for guitar only :lol:

Though I do attribute my ability to pick up a cheap X3 Live on ebay to the announcement of these new pedals to Line 6 - Thanks!!!

Played a rehearsal last night with my newly acquired X3 Live straight into the PA and actually got a load of unprompted praise on my sound from my fellow band mates after. *smug* :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='charic' post='985280' date='Oct 12 2010, 07:11 AM']Just realised:

Basschat HD (Has Dood)
Charic HD (Has Degree)

Brilliant :)[/quote]

I'm waiting for Status to jump on this one;

"[i]Status HD, leading the way in [b]Headless Design[/b][/i]"

And I agree with there being a need to clearly define High definition/ High resolution audio. Had a quick zip through wiki, but as usual, there are multiple standards for varying storage media (primarily SACD and DVD-A)

Was pleased to pick up a Line 6 Bass XT Pro in perfect condition for £130 the other day (then £100 for an FBV shortboard [MkI] with case). I'm certainly not going to suggest that they have the whole simulation chain nailed, in particular the physical sound section (cabinet/air), but as a Trace Elliot user, the amp and effect modelling seems really useful for providing diversity (for say jazzy tones), which can then go straight to power amp section of my TE head and on to my cabinets. I'm hoping to select a cabinet model that'll sound similar (at least in frequency response) to my cab setup, and that can feed the sound man (better than him just cutting the highs to smooth out the sound).

The great thing about getting this cheap is that it's really well made - a high quality unit - cheap purely because the modelling technology has been superseded, twice in fact.

I think the main issues with Line 6 gear, even more with the six-string stuff, is the ease with which one can dial in something extreme and nasty, sometimes without realising it. I also think the focus on guitar gear with the HD range is due to the extra complexity of [i]typical[/i] guitar tones over [i]typical[/i] bass ones (there's no denying bass is usually kept moderately clean).

Finally, HD is simply a buzz word, but I'm sure there'll have been some significant improvements.