Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Iceni Zoot Chaser Custom...

Lfalex v1.1

[attachment=59984:P1030861.JPG]
For Sale:
The First Zoot Chaser. Hand-made by Mike Walsh (Iceni Music)

Specs as follows;
2 piece Maple cap over 3 piece Ash back with Purpleheart accent stripe
Bolt-on 1 Piece Hard Maple Neck with 24fret Rosewood fretboard. Truss-rod adjustment at headstock end.
1 Seymour Duncan Basslines Musicman-style Humbucker in a mid position.
3 band East E-pro EQ using 18v power
Controls; Master volume (pull up for series, down for parallel switching), Passive tone, Bass, Treble, Bright. Switch determines active/passive operation.
String through body. Proprietary Iceni music designed bridge (chrome-plated brass saddles)
Gotoh machine heads.
Schaller strap buttons.
The (satin) varnish has a small impact mark on the upper edge of the top horn, which was there when I bought it from Mike. Camera wont really pick it up, I'm afraid.

I Guess the pictures say the rest;
[attachment=59985:P1030851.JPG][attachment=59986:P1030852.JPG][attachment=59988:P1030853.JPG]
[attachment=59990:P1030854.JPG][attachment=59991:P1030855.JPG][attachment=59992:P1030856.JPG][attach
ment=59993:P1030857.JPG][attachment=59994:P1030858.JPG][attachment=59995:P1030859.JPG][attachment=59
96:P1030860.JPG]

Tone-wise, it very much apes the Stingray sound, but is both punchier and more refined.
I don't have a hard case for it, but will include the Protection Racket bag it came in.

Edit: [b]SOLD[/b]

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

lovely chaser. having made plenty of these while working for Mike and having owned a couple myself I can vouch that they are superb all round basses and they definitly deserved the bass of the year award which they won from guitar buyer. They do the stingray sound fantastically well but are also very versatile. though slightly chunkier than a Jazz bass at the nut they are very fast and slim feeling so I wouldn't be put off if you have smaller hands!

good luck with the sale

[quote name='wesfinn' post='974613' date='Oct 1 2010, 09:08 PM']lovely chaser. having made plenty of these while working for Mike and having owned a couple myself I can vouch that they are superb all round basses and they definitly deserved the bass of the year award which they won from guitar buyer. They do the stingray sound fantastically well but are also very versatile. though slightly chunkier than a Jazz bass at the nut they are very fast and slim feeling so I wouldn't be put off if you have smaller hands!

good luck with the sale[/quote]

Said like a true professional :)