Why become a member? ×

Aria SB1000 pickup spec

Chimike

Hi,

Does anyone know the resistance, or have any data, on the 1980 sb1000 pickup ? Mine has gone open circuit, and I'm going to try to machine out the magnets and coil, in order to reuse the case, if I can. I should be able to save a bit of the coil wire to measure, and hopefully, the magnets. Bit of a long shot, but as far as I can see, nothing to lose ! Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks Mike.

[quote name='Chimike' post='968672' date='Sep 26 2010, 07:35 PM']Hi,

Does anyone know the resistance, or have any data, on the 1980 sb1000 pickup ? Mine has gone open circuit, and I'm going to try to machine out the magnets and coil, in order to reuse the case, if I can. I should be able to save a bit of the coil wire to measure, and hopefully, the magnets. Bit of a long shot, but as far as I can see, nothing to lose ! Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks Mike.[/quote]
I'll ask my guitar tech he replaced my SB pick up with a new one by Kent Armstrong in the end. But he might know.

[quote name='stewblack' post='968811' date='Sep 26 2010, 08:57 PM']I'll ask my guitar tech he replaced my SB pick up with a new one by Kent Armstrong in the end. But he might know.[/quote]

Hi ,
Thanks for that, how ( similar ) did the kent armstrong pickup sound to the original ?

[quote name='jaybass 70' post='972295' date='Sep 30 2010, 04:59 AM']some good pics here that might help [url="http://ariabasses.blogspot.com/2010/04/aria-sb-pickup-dissection.html"]http://ariabasses.blogspot.com/2010/04/ari...dissection.html[/url][/quote]

Thanks for that, I had a look, might be biting off more than I can chew here !

Still, you gotta try, haven't you ?

Thanks Again.