Why become a member? ×

SOLD

CPBass

MXR Bass Blowtorch

A revolutionary concept in bass overdrive.

The M-181 MXR Bass Blowtorch bass overdrive pedal is made to deliver the hottest sounds this side of Hades--from a tube-like growl to full-blown distorted madness. Because the Bass Blowtorch's overdrive is focused in the midrange frequencies, you'll retain your low-end thunder and high-end sizzle while the overdriven mids cut through any mix. An active 3-band EQ with a mid shift switch provides precise signal balancing, while the Blend knob lets you balance the distortion with the direct signal for the exact tone you're after. 18-volt performance equals increased dynamic headroom, clarity, and low noise no matter the volume level, and true bypass circuitry means it's really off when you want it off, leaving your signal completely unaffected.

MXR M-181 Bass Blowtorch Overdrive Distortion Pedal Features:

From traditional tube-like growl to full-blown high-gain distortion
18V performance for increased dynamic headroom and clarity
Low-noise performance at loud volumes
Active 3-band EQ with 3-position mid shift for precise tone sculpting
Distortion and direct signal blending
Real-world tested by world-class touring bassists
Tough die-cast housing
True hardwire bypass

Edited by Voodoosnake

no i do like DHA stuff, i owned a dual custom bass for a few months, but it sounds very different from my blowtorch, of course one being a tube overdrive/distortion, and the other bein a synthy type fuzz, so what i was sayin was it doesnt seem like a good replacement if your just looking to up versitility or sound quality, as the dha cant make that beautiful synthy fuzz of the blowtorch, and of course doesnt have the all important blend pot. but if you dont want the blowtorch sound at all, then fair enough. i always found the volume difference between my DHA'S two distortion channels too large to make them both useable without adjusting the level, but thats just me.

i also found my dha to work particularly better with a passive than active bass, most noticibly the lower gain settings and the EQ, the model i owned had treble bass and mids pots, and with an acitve bass, they made almost no difference to the sound, but with my passive, they were much more responsive.

i would recommend trying somehow to have a play through one before buying. Dave makes great pedals, but they do require a particular taste in sound. i aslo get the feeling that what amp you have has a great impact on how good they sound, my fairly poor quality amps probably didnt bring out the best in it

hope this helps

Edited by BassManKev

Hi Kev,

Cheers for that insight.

I do use active basses so Ill bear your thoughts in mind. I'll send Dave a note to see if he has any thoughts on which of his pedals would do the trick. The Dual Bass Custom looks like it could get around most needs.

The blowtorch will stay for the moment. Im in no rush.

Thanks again Kev.

Col

[quote name='sk8' post='115434' date='Jan 7 2008, 02:06 PM']Pm'd[/quote]

Still For Sale at a fair price inc power supply. :)

£130 delivered by Thomann with bulky 2 pin eu adapter.

£100 delivered from USA exc power supply / Customs Charge / Royal Mail Handling Charge.

In this condition ita a top buy.

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='115530' date='Jan 7 2008, 03:39 PM']Still For Sale at a fair price inc power supply. :)

£130 delivered by Thomann with bulky 2 pin eu adapter.

£100 delivered from USA exc power supply / Customs Charge / Royal Mail Handling Charge.

In this condition ita a top buy.[/quote]

Open to trades for high quality O/D or Distortion Units