Why become a member? ×

Squier VMJ

LemonCello

Got mine from Sounds Live about a year ago, great guys to deal with ex demo and £100 quid off RRP.

First impressions were good, nice slim maple neck with blocks. (These are not block inlays but appear to have been superimposed in some way onto the fingerboard). I'd like to know how they do that. The quality appears to be high, no rough or unfinished edges and the neck has a satin finish (my preference anyway). The PUPS are Duncan designed (Not Seymours for this price but work very well). All in all unbelievable value for money these squiers.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

LC

• 2 months later...

[quote name='LemonCello' post='964470' date='Sep 22 2010, 12:47 PM']Got mine from Sounds Live about a year ago, great guys to deal with ex demo and £100 quid off RRP.

First impressions were good, nice slim maple neck with blocks. (These are not block inlays but appear to have been superimposed in some way onto the fingerboard). I'd like to know how they do that. The quality appears to be high, no rough or unfinished edges and the neck has a satin finish (my preference anyway). The PUPS are Duncan designed (Not Seymours for this price but work very well). All in all unbelievable value for money these squiers.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

LC[/quote]

Yep I can totally agree with you on that-
I played a Fender jazz at PMT in Salford then switched to the Squire VMJ-and found the Squire felt better made and more solid,the pots on the Squire where smoother and felt sturdier,I',m gonna bag one of these beauties in the new year,
I've seen 'em for £235 new. :)
L.B

• 8 months later...

Had mine about 9 months now. I bought it second hand from GARETHFRIEND on this forum. My intention was to use it as the basis for my first go at modding. However, it's so nice 'as is' that I've left it.
Looks great, well made and plays really nice.
I've got flats on it, and with the satin finish neck it's a joy to play.
It's now my regular work-horse bass for my weekly church band outing.
Highly recommended for the price.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1322469454' post='1451039']
How do the DD pickups compare to the standard Squier ones?
[/quote]
They are really good. Must agree this is an excellent guitar. I've had 3 over the last few years the first one i sold because I was skint the second I still have and play regularly. The third one I used for parts on frankensteins i was banging up. These are excellent basses.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1323105033' post='1459357']
Yep +1 for me. VMJ 77, I upgraded to Wizard pickups and a Gotoh bridge. Also added a preamp (took some fitting that) to keep the levels consistent with my other basses, although I mostly use it flat. Its a great bass and I will have another soon!
[/quote]
which Wizard pick-ups did you fit and was there much difference?

• 4 months later...