Why become a member? ×

Is this a Hofner Club bass?

tredders

[quote name='tredders' post='958869' date='Sep 16 2010, 09:54 PM']Love this track, and especially the bassline, however I'm not sure what the bass is. Could be a Hofner Club bass
You get a good look at it at 03:10. Awesome tone, IMHO.[/quote]
I'd agree it's a 'Club' bass, without the pickguard.
Yeah, nice tone. Damn-near perfect for this track.

[quote name='risingson' post='959012' date='Sep 17 2010, 12:23 AM']Superb, and proof there's good music out there still to be had. Agreed on the great tone also, took an old 67' Hofner Club bass into the studio a while back with flats on it and it sounded so great on record.

I like some modern basses, but there's nothing better than a cool hollowbody like a Hofner.[/quote]

Thanks for the replies. I've now got terrible GAS for one of these! I've noticed that there's a Contemporary series Club bass for £450 or so.... wonder what that's like? :-)

[quote name='tredders' post='959082' date='Sep 17 2010, 07:50 AM']Thanks for the replies. I've now got terrible GAS for one of these! I've noticed that there's a Contemporary series Club bass for £450 or so.... wonder what that's like? :-)[/quote]

Terrible, very badly made with massive design flaws, avoid at all costs. I had one briefly, seems strangely ironic having praised Hofner so highly only to slate them but the cheaper models are pretty terrible and are definitely worth avoiding. Just IMO.

[quote name='risingson' post='959564' date='Sep 17 2010, 03:34 PM']Terrible, very badly made with massive design flaws, avoid at all costs. I had one briefly, seems strangely ironic having praised Hofner so highly only to slate them but the cheaper models are pretty terrible and are definitely worth avoiding. Just IMO.[/quote]
I would agree....get a Gretsch........................................It just so happens I know of a fella selling a rather nice Gretsch :)