Why become a member? ×

SOLD

parker_muse

Hey guys,

For sale is my stack. It's been my first gigging rig and it has served me well at about 10 shows. I've not really had to crank it massively as i usually DI it and use the beast as some sort of flashy oversized monitor!

It consists of:

Ashdown Superfly 500:

Great portable head. I've had some problems with it's power unit so i sent it back to ashdown and it's been 100% perfect ever since (if anything it's even louder). You know the score on these - 500 watts into two 4 ohm cabs. Digitally programmable EQ settings and software to create some more. The head is still under warantee untill December and has it's original box, ears, cover and manual. Couple of scratches but it is in full working order.

Alien Audio 1x15 450 watt 4 ohm:

Custom build by Alien from these forums. Really tight 1x15 with pronounced lows. Not too heavy either so quite portable.

Peavey 2x10 300 watt 4 Ohm:

I have no idea on the history on the cab apart from it has had it's speakers changed to 2x10 inch 8 Ohm Eminence Alpha speakers bringing the load to 4 ohms.

As stated, this was my first foray into the large amps world and it's ideal for someone who wishes to do so.

I'm looking for the region of £320 PRICE DROP £280 collected for the entire rig from Gloucester. I'm not keen to split but if you're interested in one part make me an offer i can't refuse!.

Picture to come.

Parker.

Edited by parker_muse

Picture: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=58679"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach...st&id=58679[/url]

I would trade for a combo. The point of the sale is that i wanted a rig to gig with but that was portable. It is... but it's still a fair old load of gear to carry about so i'm looking to downsize on a trade as funds raised by the sale would go on a combo as it is. Combine this with the fact i'm moving away to uni i really need something portable but loud enough to use live. Marshall MB/Roland DB700 or similar.

Edited by parker_muse

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='957029' date='Sep 15 2010, 11:21 AM']I don't think the superfly is going to work for me after all since i only have one cab which is 8 ohm. Sorry.[/quote]

Should be ok if it's a sensitive speaker, Bill Fitzmaurice uses his Superfly (or LG, can't remember!) with a single 8ohm cab and says it's fine