Why become a member? ×

tascam?

chilievans

Ive just bought one, coming back to bass playing after a 2 or 3 year gap I needed something I could load with music to try and back to where I was. Ive also got a set worth of stuff to learn asap.
Personally I think its a great piece of kit, very impressed. I had heard about reliability issues so I paid a little extra for a 5 year warranty.

[quote name='chilievans' post='953829' date='Sep 12 2010, 06:44 PM']I'm also starting back after a lengthy break and in all honesty I wasn't very good in the first place :). I realy like the look of this gadget. I'm thinking of ways to drop the hint to Mrs Evans as I speak[/quote]
The Tascam GT R1 is also worth considering. It plays wavs and mp3s, and covers the standard training functions; filter out bass/vocals, etc, speed change, key change, drum samples, etc; but also records from a pair of built in microphones, so you can record the rehearsal, drop the recorded bass out, slow it down and practice what you should have played in the first place. It's not cheap, but is is versatile.

David

I've got the Tascam MP3 trainer. I like it a lot - simple, fun, useful. However, it is brittle with the buttons being the weak point, and the Tascam post-care is not great so either it's got to be treated like it's made of glass or expect to have to replace it sooner than you'd hope.