Why become a member? ×

Tiny Marshall

Lord Sausage

[quote name='Lord Sausage' post='953679' date='Sep 12 2010, 04:32 PM']Someone has just given me a little Marshall head call a Lead 12. I have no speakers at home to try it out(All at fellow band members). Anyone know anything about them?[/quote]

Yup! I have a 'Bass 12' combo still. It was a present from my Dad when I first started playing. It *could* be one of the early models - which I believe were late 80's - or it could be one of the more recent models - maybe mid 90's at a guess. I'm not sure if the newer versions had a different name though.

It's a 12 Watt single channel head. My Bass 12 has an 8 Ohm 10" bass speaker and I know that the Lead 12 was able to drive two similarly small cabinets each with a ten inch guitar speaker.
Not a bad little amp actually! The power amp section in both the bass amp and guitar amp were exactly the same - I have the schematics somewhere - but I know they are available on the net. I'll find you a link in a sec. The preamp sections were a simialr topology - though the guitar one was obviously designed to distort and have less bottom end.

Does the head look like this little chap?

If it is, then here's some information:

[quote]3005 Lead 12 Micro Stack, 12W head
The 3005 was in production from 1985 upto 1991. It's a transistorised Master Volume head and it's the head version of the 5005 combo. It was produced in black, white, red and green vinyl. In 1987 (the Silver Jubilee year) it was produced in silver vinyl and a chrome face plate. The cabinets were fitted with a 10" Celestion G10D-25 T3552 16Ω speaker.[/quote]