Why become a member? ×

Rubbish David Eden values

angelboy

I've an Eden power amp for sale - buit in '98 and its been solid, reliable and without a hitch since I got it.

Fashion dictates what the value of gear is not reliability or performance it would seem unless you're after the best you can get for the money/job.

I went Eden as it was Bass power amp by a bass amp builder not a generic (though it would hardly matter I suppose) It has some great features and unlike the SWR power amp I had before it has never let me down. I was very disappointed in the SWR but once companies change hands their initial valuse can becime diluted - big business and all that!

So if anyone wants to buy an eden power amp :)

[quote name='Merton' post='949370' date='Sep 8 2010, 12:58 PM']100% agree. That's why I've been so impressed with the Eden stuff, out of the box it sounds great (to my ears) straightaway with very minimal tweaking, if at all.[/quote]

+1 ...................... the `minimal tweaking` is what sold me my first eden amp head at the bass centre.So my core sound was never far away!!!! .......................... loved their other products ever since ............................ I don`t think any of my stuff is later `china made` stuff!!!

Couple of additional reasons I know of that have hit Eden prices a little.

I think one is that a lot of their cabs are seriously heavy, they started producing the much lighter Nemesis series but some the heads in this range have a nasty rep for randomly failing which has damaged the name a little. I think they have only one Neo cab in their range, a 1x12.

Another thing that's a shade unfortunate was when they started making the World Tour series with switchable power options. Great idea because it meant you could use them pretty much anywhere in the world (hence the WT name).

However this also meant you could pick one up whilst on holiday in states for way cheaper than UK prices and/or import them for well below UK dealer margins. As soon as some of these started hitting the used market I'm sure it hit some values.