Why become a member? ×

Have a listen and tell me what you think.....Simples!

ajerthebadger

Heres the link:

[url="http://www.soundcloud.com/mapsandlegends"]Maps and Legends SoundCloud[/url]

Have a listen and let me know what you think about the production/bass sound/song writing and anything else you deem necessary to comment on.

Its our first EP so feedback from your kind selves is very much appreciated. :)

Cheers

AJ

Edited by ajerthebadger

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='The Burpster' post='953319' date='Sep 12 2010, 07:54 AM']The snare seems a little too intrusive in the mix for me, otherwise I like it - I do like antistar great track!.[/quote]

+1 - its a bit 'tubby' too

Other than that, nice one mate!

Edited by 51m0n

Did the guitarist mix it...? I'd bet money he did :) he is too up in the mix for the vocals on my system.
I like what you are doing but that jumped out at me straight away and quickly 'annoyed' me, if you know what I mean.
The vocals HAVE to be at the front, IMO.

I would also have put more effort/time is to getting real clarity on the voice. and if you are being really picky all the core sounds need work and seperation but a lesser issue than the vocal mix, IMO.

But I am just listening to this on my PC sys which is nothing special, admittedly, but there again, maybe most people will be doing the same..?

I hope these are taken as constructive and no offence intended.

Thanks for the feedback JTUK. All taken constructively.

Unfortunately we had someone else that wasnt a guitarist mix the tracks for us. We could have done with more time, it was a big ask trying to do 6 tracks in 6 days - record, mix and master.

We are happy with the way it turned out, through my semi decent pair of closed back headphones it sounds great. I will agree that the guitars are very 'high', this doesnt squander the vocals too much though I dont think.

Glad you guys like it.