Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Kyron

Up for sale (or trade) is my Compact EBS Stack, comprising of:

[s]- EBS Proline 2000 EBS-210, a 400wrms 4Ohm [b][/b]2x10" Speaker Cabinet (with Horn)[/s] [color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]
[s]- EBS Proline 2000 EBS-300, a 400wrms 4Ohm [b][/b]1x15" Speaker Cabinet (with Horn)[/s] [color="#FF0000"] SOLD[/color]

I guess I just fancy a different setup :)

I might be looking to potentially trade 1X15" (+ cash) for a 4Ohm 4x10" (or a little larger) with decent power handling

I'll take some pictures and upload them tomorrow to give a better indication of the condition of these Cabs; they're in perfect working order and have very minimal, if not no, cosmetic damage- I guess you could argue that the cat enjoyed the 1x15" as a make-shift scratch pole from time to time... Well... just the one time :rolleyes:

[s]£275 1x15"[/s] - PRICE DROP £250 FOR 1X15"

Grills are a little more shiny than the pictures dictate btw :lol:

Edited by Kyron

[quote name='Kev' post='965178' date='Sep 23 2010, 12:59 AM']Forgive my ignorance, but after years of using combos I'm only recently in the amp-cab world. Am I right to assume this would not be really suitable for my markbass as it delivers 500w at 4ohm?[/quote]
Well, you're not completely wrong Kev :)
You'll find that you're MarkBass will deliver 500w RMS (I'm assuming) at the top of it's output, i.e., with the master volume (and whatever else) turned to the maximum setting, but as you'll never be likely to do so, you'll probably never use that much of its power consistently at one given time- I wouldn't be sure on the exact figure (as I don't know how loud your likely to turn it up! :)), but I can imagine somewhere between 200w and 400w perhaps

I've used the 1x15" at rehearsals with a Trace Elliot AH500-12 (500wrms) and have never had speaker distortion or overdrive at any time, but what I haven't ever had to do is turn the volume to the maximum.. It's a complicated game matching amps and cabs! but providing you match resistance, and keep the volume dial below maximum, I can't see any issue with mixing the Markbass and EBS?

What does everyone else think? or am I completely wrong!? :lol:

I would totally agree with the above!

I've played in some very loud bands, and never had even a TE AH250 up to anywhere near approaching "full" power or output into 4 ohms... It's great to have a powerful amp for reasons of headroom and the ability to get volume out of cabs with low sensitivity, but in reality who actually needs such volume potential except in stupidly loud rehearsals?

BTW, the 1x15 looks a lovely cab at a great price, but I really want 8 ohm cabs as I like to use two at once!

Good luck with the sale though.

[quote name='Conan' post='966092' date='Sep 23 2010, 09:03 PM']I would totally agree with the above!

I've played in some very loud bands, and never had even a TE AH250 up to anywhere near approaching "full" power or output into 4 ohms... It's great to have a powerful amp for reasons of headroom and the ability to get volume out of cabs with low sensitivity, but in reality who actually needs such volume potential except in stupidly loud rehearsals?

BTW, the 1x15 looks a lovely cab at a great price, but I really want 8 ohm cabs as I like to use two at once!

Good luck with the sale though.[/quote]

Ah, thank you for that re-assurance!! :lol: I agree with the linking of the two cabs though... Very rare that you find a solid state bass head that can handle a 2Ohm load to link two 4Ohm cabs in parallel.. :\ I always borrowed an All valve head to keep the impedance down to 2Ohms, but not affect the power distribution!! :)

Edited by Kyron

I run an EBS Neoline 115 (300w) with a Fafner, and have at times driven it pretty hard... Never once has the speaker sounded like it's struggling. Amps listed power ratings are rarely achieved. I'm pretty confident the can would be fine.

Plus, this is a bargain for an amazing bit of pro kit! Someone needs to snap this up! The myth of 15's being all bottom is so wrong with the amazing horns on the EBS cabs. Turn the horn up, close your eyes and it could easily be a 410!

[quote name='Kev' post='965178' date='Sep 23 2010, 12:59 AM']Forgive my ignorance, but after years of using combos I'm only recently in the amp-cab world. Am I right to assume this would not be really suitable for my markbass as it delivers 500w at 4ohm?[/quote]

I used this exact combination for a while. Markbass LMII and the EBS 15inch plus horn cab. It sounded amazing but I ended up selling the cab as I had an EBS 4x10 cab that I liked to use. To be honest I couldn't decide which cab to keep at the time.

Hope thats some help to you!

Colin