Why become a member? ×

aguilar or sansamp

Bay Splayer

have my birthday coming soon so ......

opinions appreciated (especially from people who have owned/tried both) on the differences between the AGUILAR TONE HAMMER or whatever the SANSAMP equivalent would be

i am leaning towards the tone hammer but still undecided :)

i play in two bands, one a classic rock covers band and the other a rock originals band and like a lot of bottom end in my sound but without sounding woolly :rolleyes:

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='946765' date='Sep 5 2010, 10:48 PM']Is there any reason your wanting one, are you not happy with your tone??, are you wanting a different sound??

I think you've got to decide what your after in terms of sound before you just pick a random pedal.

:)[/quote]

want to thicken up the low end and add a touch of grit and although my zoom b1 does this to an extent, i like the idea of sweepable mids

as for being happy with my tone.... are any of us 100% happy with our tone (and i MEAN 100%, not 99.9%) :rolleyes:

I used to have a Sansamp, using it with a Fender Precision through a Trace Elliot AH300 (I think). It made the Trace all nice and warm and valvey, big deep bottom end, without mush, and I could dial in a bit of grit if needed. To me, it transformed the typical hi-fi Trace sound into a useable old-school thumping bass sound. No experience of the Aguilar pedal, so can`t comment on it, but from what you describe, certainly the Sansamp will do what yr after.