Why become a member? ×

It's right there but i can't touch it

ergon

I absolutly cannot wait till christmas! there is in my front room a wrapped box containing a shiny new RBX 375 and i can't go near it :), i feel like a 4 year old, except when i get my present i won't destroy it like a four year old. knowing my luck however it won't have a battery in the pre amp and i'll have to wait till the 27 to get the most out of the bass.
can't.... wait.... dying..... urgh... urrrrgh.

[quote name='Machines' post='107039' date='Dec 20 2007, 12:56 PM']It's fine, i've had it over 3 years now and defretted it about 9 months ago. Sounds great - only the preamp lets it down (not much EQ control).[/quote]

I've never found fretless basses that appealing for some reason, maybe because you have to be more accurate or maybe because i don't reallylike the 'wah', dunno really...

personally i would stay fretted but home 'adapted' basses I feel deserve to stay with their creators, one of my mates has a peavy and has reipped the frets off (done quite a good job) and has given it a few scars over time, he doesn't play it but can't bear to part with it. however on this ocassion i would jump for a fretted but thats just me... i know get drunk and see how you feel after that :) :huh:

[quote name='7string' post='107942' date='Dec 21 2007, 11:58 PM']Remember to check leads and your amp as well !![/quote]

Ok this is the status:
1. My sis is buying me 9v batteries for christmas (and she has i was there) :)
2. The ultra high quality leads i ordered have arrived (and are a pleasing standard)
3. I only got my current amp in september so thats fine
4. the box containing the item in question is in storage under the tree

I am totally ready for christmas day!

[quote name='ergon' post='107904' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:19 PM']personally i would stay fretted but home 'adapted' basses I feel deserve to stay with their creators, one of my mates has a peavy and has reipped the frets off (done quite a good job) and has given it a few scars over time, he doesn't play it but can't bear to part with it. however on this ocassion i would jump for a fretted but thats just me... i know get drunk and see how you feel after that :huh: :huh:[/quote]
Well, I traded my fretless to spoo_bass coz I acquired a new one and I'm getting rid of my first ever decent bass this weekend :)
Oh yeah and whatever you do, don't get drunk and rip holes in your bass..!

[quote name='ergon' post='107955' date='Dec 22 2007, 12:29 AM']Ok this is the status:
1. My sis is buying me 9v batteries for christmas (and she has i was there) :)
2. The ultra high quality leads i ordered have arrived (and are a pleasing standard)
3. I only got my current amp in september so thats fine
4. the box containing the item in question is in storage under the tree

I am totally ready for christmas day![/quote]

How much you betting you end up breaking your fingers and cant play it for ages anyway lol?