Why become a member? ×

Musicman Reflex

Veils

Yup I have the 25 th ann model which is the same thing just with a maple top on it.
Pretty cool bass wide range of tones and far lighter than most 5 strings I have played. The switches only take a while to get used to then it becomes easy as pie. Build is solid as a rock. Good bass with loads of tone options can go from jamerson to flea in a flick of a switch or two!

I paid €3600 for it, then a few months later the reflex was launched at a fraction of that price. But the quilted maple top is rather nice and it will prob be the only time I ever spend that much on a bass.
I will see if I have some pictures floating around

Edited by swanbrook

Same here, I've got the 25th Anniversary 5 strings HSS (1 x Humbuckers and 2 stacked single coils stacked means they have a dummy coil underneath for hum cancelling)
It weighs 10.08lbs / 4.76Kg. I've paid £1450 having smuggled it out of the US through a friend. [i]"No income tax, no VAT, no money back, no guarantee"[/i], you get the pic.... :) and not a penny to them customs w***ers either HA!

Pics here:

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='946926' date='Sep 6 2010, 09:40 AM']Is the humbucker closer to the bridge than on the stingray?[/quote]

Yes it is, to allow room for the middle and neck pickup.

You can get some really gorgeous tones out of it, one of my favourite is middle and neck in passive mode, tweaking the passive tone control you can get some pretty warm vibes with enough bottom end to shake the floorboards. On the opposite end of the scale if you play the humbucker in series, in active mode, be sure to wear ear protection, as it is thunderous. Sustain is incredible, and the neck is sublime. I've had it since December 2009, and we've had a very cold winter followed by a humid summer, the setup has never shifted, never had to adjust action, neck relief or anything else. It's pukka!

[quote name='tombboy' post='946937' date='Sep 6 2010, 10:00 AM']Best Basschat pic ever!! :)[/quote]

That.... is a pic of my cabin on the ship ... the irony of it all is that, I don't drink at all, in fact I am t-total, and all those beer crates were "presents" that I got for Xmas from various port authorities reps, agencies rep etc, always happens around that time of the year, other captains thrive on the stuff, personally I'd sooner take the money equivalent or even food supplies instead, but ther you go, they always try to keep you sweet, you see? I gathered them all together and on the day the bass arrived, I threw a party on the ship and gave all that beer away to the crew, 31 of them from deck office to engine room oilers, there was even a couple of bottles for the ladies (guests of course if you know what I mean :rolleyes: ) as you can see.