Why become a member? ×

SOLD - SSD (Pre Spector) NS-4 (or NS-94??)

xzodar

Hi All

Here we have a Stuart Spector Design 4 string bass in black.

The cover over the trussrod lists this as an NS-4 (although this could be a NS-94??) It's a neckthrough design with a slim and easy to play neck. I believe that these were originally manufactured in Korea?

The bass has active electronics and SSD badged pickups. It's not got a huge output but you can dial in a variety of good sounds.

The E string tuner has a drop tuner but this doesn't appear to have enough travel so I've never experimented with it.

The bass has a number of bumps and scratches from being gigged but these are all superficial rather than serious. The picture of the neck shows the fibre optic fibre from my FretLord (www.fretlord.com) fretboard light which I can either remove from the bass or can be included with the bass for an additional £20. A hard case is included in the sale price. I'll re-fit the original strap buttons before any sale.

I'd prefer a sale although trade wise I might be interested in a nice P or a P/J with some cash coming your way.

Viewings and collection available from North Bristol. I'll happily travel up to an hour from here for a purchaser or arrange shipping (insured) at a cost of £20.

Any questions please let me know.

Cheers and thanks for looking

Pete

Edited by xzodar

[quote name='xzodar' post='943627' date='Sep 2 2010, 04:40 PM']Hi All

Here we have a Stuart Spector Design 4 string bass in black.

The cover over the trussrod lists this as an NS-4. It's a neckthrough design with a slim and easy to play neck. I believe that these were originally manufactured in Korea?

The bass has active electronics and SSD badged pickups. It's not got a huge output but you can dial in a variety of good sounds.

The E string tuner has a drop tuner but this doesn't appear to have enough travel so I've never experimented with it.

The bass has a number of bumps and scratches from being gigged but these are all superficial rather than serious. The picture of the neck shows the fibre optic fibre from my Fret FX fretboard light which I can either remove from the bass or can be included with the bass for an additional £20. A hard case is included in the sale price. I'll re-fit the original strap buttons before any sale.

I'd prefer a sale although trade wise I might be interested in a nice P or a P/J with some cash coming your way.

Viewings and collection available from North Bristol. I'll happily travel up to an hour from here for a purchaser or arrange shipping (insured) at a cost of £20.

Any questions please let me know.

Cheers and thanks for looking

Pete[/quote]

As I'm sure you already know Pete, the bass isn't an NS4 and I'm sure one of the Spector experts will be along shortly to identify it but I think it's something like the NS2000 model. Not withstanding the changed truss rod cover its a decent enough bass with a thru-neck for £160. :rolleyes:

<edit>

Oh and you could equally say that SSD is 'post' Spector but as it is, your bass is an SSD! :)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='943691' date='Sep 2 2010, 05:39 PM']As I'm sure you already know Pete, the bass isn't an NS4 and I'm sure one of the Spector experts will be along shortly to identify it but I think it's something like the NS2000 model. Not withstanding the changed truss rod cover its a decent enough bass with a thru-neck for £160. :rolleyes:

<edit>

Oh and you could equally say that SSD is 'post' Spector but as it is, your bass is an SSD! :)[/quote]

Hi Warwickhunt

Thanks for the heads up. I think (looking at the headstock shapes on the www.spectorbass.com history section) that it might actually be a NS-94 ?

Cheers

Pete