Why become a member? ×

Ibanez 20th Anni SDGR = Warwick?

The Burpster

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='105759' date='Dec 18 2007, 09:32 AM']This Ibanez has the same body shape (give or take a contour or two) as all Soundgear Ibanez basses.

I can't see the Warwick similarity... as to the Wimbish sig. you're right, the inlays are pure Spector :)[/quote]

To my eye the curved body and choice of woods make these Ibanez's look quite Warwick Streamer-like when you see them first hand (just my opinion). The Streamer of course used to be licensed from Spector.

I always thought the Wimbish sig. was a bit cheeky as it looks like an Ibanezed version of his orange Spector. Shame they didn't do a Korean or European Spector version instead as the Spector NS/Streamer is one of my favourite shapes.

i've played one of these basses and it freeked me out!!!
the neck has wenge laminets, just like warwick
the neck dimensions is huge, just like warwick
its got narrow string spacing on the 5 string, just like warwick
the active eq is huge, just like spector, blow away by the mid range freq pot! its massive!

it was reallly really nice, if your into that sort of thing! i was/am and i'm slowly moving away from it all.
it was released 5 years ago i would have snapped it up! i just dont need a bass like this.
i would buy one tomorrow if i was told i needed to go gig with damien marley! the booty is big!!!