Why become a member? ×

METAL BASS player available (female) NORFOLK!

i love Metal!

Hey! im Clo :rolleyes:

I play bass and am searching for a Metal band, so if theres any Metal bands that need a bassist then let me know!
iv been finding it hard to find a band that will consider having a female bassist :)

It dosnt have to a serious band...
i just wanna practice more as a group instead of just playing bass on my own,
plus it would improve my confidence as im quite a shy person.
also.. forming a band would be perfect for me as im always up for a laugh and would like to get to know more people into my style of music.

I live in swaffham but would be willing to travel for band practice or whatever.

heres a list of some bands that im into:

Slipknot, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Breed 77, Sepultura, Whitechapel, Heaven Shall Burn, Job For A Cowboy, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Trivium, Cannibal Corpse, ill Nino, In Flames, 36 Crazyfists, Ingested, Black Label Society, Pantera, Down, Murderdolls, Stone Sour, Hatebreed, Terror. And lots more :o

So... If your interested then let me know please

Email: [email protected]

Mobile Number: 07905883929

KEEP IT f***ing METAL!

Thanx! :lol:

• 2 months later...

[quote name='i love Metal!' post='935585' date='Aug 25 2010, 01:42 AM']Hey! im Clo :)

I play bass and am searching for a Metal band, so if theres any Metal bands that need a bassist then let me know!
iv been finding it hard to find a band that will consider having a female bassist :D

It dosnt have to a serious band...
i just wanna practice more as a group instead of just playing bass on my own,
plus it would improve my confidence as im quite a shy person.
also.. forming a band would be perfect for me as im always up for a laugh and would like to get to know more people into my style of music.

I live in swaffham but would be willing to travel for band practice or whatever.

heres a list of some bands that im into:

Slipknot, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Breed 77, Sepultura, Whitechapel, Heaven Shall Burn, Job For A Cowboy, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Trivium, Cannibal Corpse, ill Nino, In Flames, 36 Crazyfists, Ingested, Black Label Society, Pantera, Down, Murderdolls, Stone Sour, Hatebreed, Terror. And lots more :lol:

So... If your interested then let me know please

Email: [email protected]

Mobile Number: 07905883929

KEEP IT f***ing METAL!

Thanx! :)[/quote]

its a bloody shame your up there, my auntie lives up there too lol, look we lost our female bass player due to illness, and a guy stepped in to help out for a bit, please look at this [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k6AqbTbjvM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k6AqbTbjvM[/url] because its a female fronted band, truthfully we are kind of metal but alternative metal with rock and well its all about being somthn with attitude, and i dont expect a yes because your a fair way up there, but however, if this situation requires to work and gig then we want to gig everywhere, we even have an opening in kiev in the near future. we have plans hope you understand, they are a great bunch of people, but just had a lot of bad luck and i wanna help find them someone who will be like minded and give thier all. and a female bass player would be perfect to make this a cool balance well thats all i can say you for now :P [email protected]

Hi Clo, Good luck finding something

[quote name='i love Metal!' post='935585' date='Aug 25 2010, 01:42 AM']iv been finding it hard to find a band that will consider having a female bassist :)[/quote]

This makes me cross. :) I hope you find people who realise that gender is irrelevant and manage to make some kickass music

[quote name='rOB' post='1012993' date='Nov 5 2010, 09:25 AM']This makes me cross. :) I hope you find people who realise that gender is irrelevant and manage to make some kickass music[/quote]

+1. Are people really still that ignorant? Regardless of my light hearted remark if you did live nearer me then i would have no problem with you being a girl and a bass player. Doesn't bother me one bit. In fact i think it's great :) .

Edited by EdwardHimself

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1013010' date='Nov 5 2010, 09:47 AM']+1. Are people really still that ignorant? Regardless of my light hearted remark if you did live nearer me then i would have no problem with you being a girl and a bass player. Doesn't bother me one bit. In fact i think it's great :) .[/quote]

its just so hard to find a band, im still having trouble searching D:

Put an ad up in Earth Studios on the Salhouse Road and in Plug Studios close to the Halfords superstore and new Go Outdoors place.

You could also put ads up in a couple of the larger shops - Norfolk Guitar and Bass Centre in Watton and (excuse the weak excuse for humour) PMT in Anglia Square.

Norwich Darkside seems to be populated mainly by metal-loving teenage boys, so your music is certainly catered for there.

Keep trying and don't give up hope. Demand for bassists seems to wax and wane. If there are too many around at the moment, wait a couple of months and everyone will be complaining they can't find a bass player for love nor money.

Gender shouldn't matter. Our band has a 20 year old female drummer. She's a good drummer and that's all that counts.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...