Why become a member? ×

Modding a Corvette

Brave Sir Robin

Customised my old Corvette '97 with a U-Retro and Wizard Vintage pickups. Very chuffed about the transformation. It's a bit noisy (single coil pickups) so the next step would be shield all the cavities. Was a bit scary drilling through the wood for the switches.

Sounds nice, very clear, even with the old strings, and less midrangy and clanky than with the MEC stuff.

I also need to have a tech to look at the frets. They are a bit worn. Then the transformation will be complete.

Thanks, It's surprisingly easy to do really. As long as you don't have 10 thumbs, and have the equipment. The major concern was to know if everything would fit. The pre fitted well, however I misjudged the space for the battery compartment, but I found a good spot for it in the end so it's all good.

Then the pickups slotted right in, although I wasn't sure at first!

[quote name='Brave Sir Robin' post='105690' date='Dec 18 2007, 02:32 AM']Nope sorry. didn't even intended the pun :)[/quote]

it's probably because i'm nearly 17 and i want to buy a car. A corvette would be nice but i doubt i'll have the money. Oh well i'll just have to get me an 8 year old vauxhall corsa, couple of bright blue spray cans, a 5" exaust pipe, neon lights underneath and put my SWR goliath in the back :huh:

Edited by EdwardHimself