Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender USA Jazz, Highway 1 (not upgrade)Sunburst/Rose/Tort

karlfer

Fender Highway 1 Jazz, Sunburst, rosewood board, tortie plate, chrome "P" style rotary controls.
The plate and P controls are after market. If a buyer wants the original black plastic rotaries putting back on, I will do that.
This bass is very well set up, having been serviced by Richard Tomsom, of Tomson Guitars, Wigan, just a few months back.
The serial number is Z7 150319.
This suggests it is 2007, although Highway 1 became Highway One in late 2006. This is NOT the upgrade with Badass, graphite etc.
I am the 2nd owner.The original owner told me that Fender ran out of Badass bridges in 2007 so did another run of the pre-upgrade models, to fill the gap.
No case, just a cheap and nasty vinyl gig bag I'm afraid. It's all I can spare.
There are a few tiny dinks on the back, but really in very good condition.
Reviews of these basses on Ultimate Guitar and Harmony Central, mainly (but not all) good.
Cheapest Sunburst I can find is £589, but that is the upgraded, current model.
This really is a very good bass, quite light at about 8.7lbs, looks great, plays and sounds well.
Reason for sale is that I am picking up probably the nearest I will ever get to my dream bass. More on that later.
I am no longer allowed more than 3!
If it doesnt sell, "Well, I really tried dear". :)
OK, £375 posted, . £350 collected.
I paid £500 plus delivery (mug) early last year, so I think my asking is fair.
Photos (sorry, crap mobile but I'll do my best) will follow later today.
Please ask any questions.
Anyone wanting to come round and have a go is more than welcome.
I will also endeavour to play it over the phone, but that is not likely to be today.
EBay feedback under karl5066, Basschat feedback under karlfer.
Many thanks for looking.
Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

So, the reason for sale is that I have just co-erced Tom Anderson (Tom1946) into parting with his '93 Japanese non export 75 re-issue Jazz, in Olympic White, Rosewood board, blocks and Tortie plate. :) :rolleyes: :lol:
She looks and plays beautifully.

Her Who Must Be Ignored insists on no more than 3, so my lovely Highway 1 is the only one bordering on expendable, hence the sale.

Cheers,
Karl.

In reply to a couple of PM's regarding posting this MADE IN USA bass.

Checked with Post Office today. Sent by Parcel Farce 48, insured for £400, will cost £25.
I would prefer to use them if I need to post, as they have a depot in most towns.

I have a box that the late, great and much missed Old Git sent me my beautiful P in.

So, if posting helps, please get in touch.
Cheers,
Karl.

Oh, er, bump. :)

Edited by karlfer

Many thanks BT1 but not really for me. The only trade I would snatch arms off for is a Goliath Junior 111.
I struggle with P necks, but love the sound of them.
I got lucky with a superb 70's Jap re-issue, from the sadly late great Old Git. These have a slightly slimmer neck, but boy are they a P.
Good luck and again, many thanks,
Karl.

A few nibbles but still here.
For a few days it will be £375 posted (after funds clear) or £350 if you come and pick it up!
I would rather a BassChatter got the benefit than it lining FeeBay's pockets.

Would strongly consider a decent Japanese P, or P/J or Aerodyne.

Thanks for looking,
Karl.

I had one of these, and it was a superb bass, should've kept it. [i]In fact[/i] it's the one bass out of the dozens I've had come and go that the guitarist in the band consistantly wishes I still had, he mentioned it again the other night.

[quote name='Rayman' post='943913' date='Sep 2 2010, 08:39 PM']I had one of these, and it was a superb bass, should've kept it. [i]In fact[/i] it's the one bass out of the dozens I've had come and go that the guitarist in the band consistantly wishes I still had, he mentioned it again the other night.[/quote]

Cheers Rayman, it really is an excellent bass, but if Basskit Case can't get £400 for a Geddy, it really doesn't look good :)

Karl.

[quote name='BT!' post='945120' date='Sep 4 2010, 01:25 AM']i wish my p bass wasnt mexican :rolleyes:[/quote]

I wish I didn't have to sell this, but she who must be ignored is weakening. :)
She hasn't snarled about it still being in the front room for nearly a full day. :lol: :o :brow: