Why become a member? ×

Talk about lying/making a mistake about the wattage

HoweDy

I was casually looking on the net for some info about my tnt 150 when i came across this and laughed a bit:

[url="http://brighton.gumtree.com/brighton/90/59391390.html"]http://brighton.gumtree.com/brighton/90/59391390.html[/url]

500watts...............hmm

Edited by HoweDy

[quote name='Stewart' post='929984' date='Aug 19 2010, 04:22 PM']Possibly the power consumption printed on a label somewhere... ?[/quote]

A common mistake.

Also Peavey used to name their amps using optimistic numbers i.e.TNT100 combos were (IIRC) only around
45 watts etc. (May be named after 'peak' power ratings rather than RMS?) Some manufacturers also name combos after their given
output when using an extension cab - bit misleading for newbies.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='930431' date='Aug 19 2010, 11:35 PM']Not unlikely he read the power consumption. You rate your light bulbs and your kettle by their consumption, its not unreasonable.[/quote]

I just would have thought if you were a musician (or a sensible person) you may state the relevant info which actually helps you sell the thing :)

[quote name='Colledge' post='929998' date='Aug 19 2010, 04:32 PM']reminds me of the sub i have in my car, has 1000w embossed in big letters on the side, even though its only the actual woofer which has a 1000w max rating and the actual amp is more like 250rms.[/quote]

haha i know what you mean, my friends has that and he says about it a lot and i'm just like yeahhhhh but you will never ever get that