Why become a member? ×

MarkBass LMIII & Sansamp BDDI = ?

Muzz

OK, so I've got my sound the way I like it, in the smallest possible rig I could get - a one-trip combination of Schroeder 1515L, LMIII and Sansamp BDDI.

However, the Sansamp is on all the time, and I've jokingly said it may as well be nailed onto the amp, it's such an integral part of the sound I like.

I'm all for simplicity these days, though, which has led me to consider if the LMIII/Sansamp could be replaced with a single unit, thus reducing cables/boxes/setup and general faffage. I'm thinking LMTube or Rocker, but I have no experience of either of these amps. Other manufacturers' offerings could be considered, tho I tried a RH450 and didn't really get on with it - the drive just didn't sound warm or 'organic' enough. Could have been the TC 210 cab, tho. I don't use a ton of drive, just enough to give some tubey warmth and a little breakup.

Anyone got any experience of the above?

[quote name='Muzz' post='929474' date='Aug 19 2010, 10:22 AM']OK, so I've got my sound the way I like it, in the smallest possible rig I could get - a one-trip combination of Schroeder 1515L, LMIII and Sansamp BDDI.

However, the Sansamp is on all the time, and I've jokingly said it may as well be nailed onto the amp, it's such an integral part of the sound I like.

I'm all for simplicity these days, though, which has led me to consider if the LMIII/Sansamp could be replaced with a single unit, thus reducing cables/boxes/setup and general faffage. I'm thinking LMTube or Rocker, but I have no experience of either of these amps. Other manufacturers' offerings could be considered, tho I tried a RH450 and didn't really get on with it - the drive just didn't sound warm or 'organic' enough. Could have been the TC 210 cab, tho. I don't use a ton of drive, just enough to give some tubey warmth and a little breakup.

Anyone got any experience of the above?[/quote]

LM Rocker might get you there.

I found a few clicks of tubetone of the RH450 gets you there for a hair on the note....add about 1/3 plus for grindy tones.