Why become a member? ×

Busking amp?

M4L666

Looking for a nice loud portable amp to either amplify an electric bass or give a bit of a boost to an upright in an mic'd acoustic situation. Looked at the Bass Cube, and it looks good but people say it isn't very loud? Another option is to get a more powerful combo and then get some kind of power solution, if anyone has any other ideas don't hesitate to suggest them.

Thanks guys :)

[quote name='M4L666' post='927915' date='Aug 17 2010, 07:35 PM']Looking for a nice loud portable amp to either amplify an electric bass or give a bit of a boost to an upright in an mic'd acoustic situation. Looked at the Bass Cube, and it looks good but people say it isn't very loud? Another option is to get a more powerful combo and then get some kind of power solution, if anyone has any other ideas don't hesitate to suggest them.

Thanks guys :)[/quote]

Hi - I have a Roland Mirco cube. I really like this little amp - really solidly put together (far superior in build quality to other practice amps I've seen - cheap Hartke, Line 6 etc). It has al manner of different effects, a drum machine, inputs for cds, headphones and another aux in. It is loud enough to hear over a quite loudly played cd and I can play along with my pal who plays the flute. It gets a bit fuzzy once the dials go past 12 noon and would not complete with an amplified guitar, but could easily compete with an acoustic. Batteries go in the back, but I have always used the mains adapter.

I'm interested in selling - about 2 years old, perfect condition, never been gigged :rolleyes:

fdavidso

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about a busking setup lately and, after reading the 'PA power amp as bass amp' thread, I reckon you could use a Sansamp/pod type thing that has a dc power supply and run it on a rechargeable battery pack (maybe a drill battery). Then use a car power amp (some pump out 1000watts+ on 12 volts) and run that on a big cordless drill battery as well.

The pod and power amp will probably need different voltages and the power amp will definitely want more capacity so you could run the power amp on a car battery but that would start to get heavy.......Just a thought.

Hi,

You still selling the Micro Cube bass amp? I'll buy it off you!

Cheers,

Dee

[quote name='fdavidso' post='930704' date='Aug 20 2010, 10:57 AM']Hi - I have a Roland Mirco cube. I really like this little amp - really solidly put together (far superior in build quality to other practice amps I've seen - cheap Hartke, Line 6 etc). It has al manner of different effects, a drum machine, inputs for cds, headphones and another aux in. It is loud enough to hear over a quite loudly played cd and I can play along with my pal who plays the flute. It gets a bit fuzzy once the dials go past 12 noon and would not complete with an amplified guitar, but could easily compete with an acoustic. Batteries go in the back, but I have always used the mains adapter.

I'm interested in selling - about 2 years old, perfect condition, never been gigged :)

fdavidso[/quote]

Edited by Bluegrape21