Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

*WITHDRAWN* CIJ Fender Aerodyne Jazz (not the black made for export model!)

Nickev

I'm selling my lovely CIJ Aerodyne Jazz. This is not the model generally on sale over here. It was made exclusively for the Japanese market and, unlike the export models, features a scratchplate and cream binding on the striking candy apple red finish. It has a rosewood neck, P/J pickups and a lightweight basswood body.

The only reason I'm selling it is, although it is lightweight (at around 7lbs), I've found the body to be too large for me. I find that I stand a different way to when I play with my Precision Lyte and it gives me back pains, so it reluctantly has to go.

It plays superbly, sounds great and really growls through my TC Electronic rig. My friends and bandmates know how much I love it and can't believe I'm selling it. It's in great condition with just a small amount of beltrash on the back (see pics).

I'm in Colchester and I'm looking for £440

Any questions, please ask :-)

[attachment=56777:IMAG0039.jpg]
[attachment=56778:IMAG0041.jpg]
[attachment=56779:IMAG0042.jpg]
[attachment=56780:IMAG0043.jpg]

Edited by Nickev

OK. I've had a few PMs about this, so I'll add the info that I have been asked about in case anybody else is wondering.

There are no problems with the bass at all (I've been asked about electrics and truss rod specifically)

I have owned it from new (December 2008)

I am prepared to ship if necessary (UK only)

Thanks
Nick :)

[quote name='guzzibass' post='933030' date='Aug 22 2010, 08:08 PM']Hehe I see Mr Glen Buck playing the drums in the pic!!! :)[/quote]

"Mr"? I think that's taking politeness a little far when referring to drummers....particularly that one!!!

[quote name='Nickev' post='933488' date='Aug 23 2010, 11:39 AM']"Mr"? I think that's taking politeness a little far when referring to drummers....particularly that one!!![/quote]

....Yes, you're quite right, (must remember the ear plugs next time he deps for our band)!

[quote name='cocco' post='933104' date='Aug 22 2010, 09:19 PM']Omg! That's really nice! I approve. CIJ fenders FTW[/quote]

Thanks. Sounds awesome through my new TC Electronics rig. Just wish my back approved!

[quote name='cocco' post='934693' date='Aug 24 2010, 12:57 PM']Are they heavy? I always thought the aeros were pretty light?[/quote]
They are light compared with a standard bass, but I'm used to a Precision Lyte, which is VERY light and small-bodied. I don't know whether it is the weight or the size and shape, but the Jazz gives me a bad back, so reluctantly has to go

[quote name='benthos' post='934881' date='Aug 24 2010, 03:22 PM']Hmm - don't suppose you're interested in a trade?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100079"]Warwick Corvette FS/FT[/url]

Anyhow, bump for a beautiful-looking bass.
:)[/quote]

Thanks! I actually would be interested if it was lighter - looks lovely!

[quote name='Bmanson' post='935118' date='Aug 24 2010, 06:34 PM']Hey dude If you can do it for 500 all in couriered to Aberdeen I will take it if you still have it a week on Friday .
Interested?[/quote]
PM sent

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry BT. I wasn't ignoring you, I actually withdrew this from sale a couple of weeks ago (or at least thought I had - maybe I didn't save changes) and I hadn't been back in here for a while. I decided to keep it as, although I rarely play it, I've sold guitars before and regretted it (and my girlfriend said she'll buy me a lightweight bass for xmas :-)) Hope you've had some luck finding something.