Why become a member? ×

Laney Nexus-tube

Dvisions

Anyone played on one of these? The specs make it sound quite good, but no where round here will get one in unless I order it myself, which I don't wanna do without playing it first.

Would be nice to get some opinions before I start trying to track one down to test it out for myself :)

Used one in the Caricatures recording. Bit too many knobs, although a lot of them switch off. The chap I borrowed it off sold it as he didn't like it. I got the impression as soon as the valves wore in and the bias shifted, warnings lit up like a christmas tree all over it and he got scared. It is an excessively complicated piece of kit for what should be a brute force machine. Kinda for people who want valves and fiddlyness.

[quote name='Dvisions' post='926726' date='Aug 16 2010, 06:12 PM']Hmm, interesting. Whats the tone like? I'm looking for something gritty, and I know it has a tube drive feature, but I still get the feeling its a pretty clean amp?[/quote]

Loads of options on the preamp to get drive, with that sort of headroom, you aren't going to be driving the power amp.

[quote name='Dvisions' post='926676' date='Aug 16 2010, 05:07 PM']no where round here will get one in unless I order it myself[/quote]I can't say we'd be any different, but I can tell you that we'd try our best to beat any price you get for this. If you do happen to be local enough to us to be able to visit, I can have a word with Laney to see if we can borrow one for you, though I can't make any promises.