Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot AH600/1000

Pete Academy

I tried one up in london, sounded great. The graphic eq was really effective, as is the pre-shape. The extra valve circuit thing really does make the amp growl, whether that is a good or bad thing is todo with preferences really. However, when I tried the dual compressors the button got stuck inside the amp and I had to dig it out with my fingers.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='921874' date='Aug 11 2010, 06:59 PM']It's a 600. I know they've moved factories from UK to US because of problems.[/quote]
If it's a 600 it's almost definitely a US-made one. I'm guessing they do them at the Peavey factory.

[quote name='phatbass787' post='922051' date='Aug 11 2010, 09:49 PM']didnt sound like a Trace either which was odd[/quote]
Not odd, they've designed the new range so it has the classic "sound" there should you want it but they are meant to be a lot more versatile than before. I wonder if it's the US models which are unreliable and the old UK models which are good... :)